Synthetic turf maintenance is much easier, quicker, and cheaper than traditional lawn care. It’s one of the biggest drawcards and the reason why homeowners who want their weekends back, choose synthetic turf and enjoy a neat, tidy, luscious lawn year-round.
That being said, keeping your artificial grass looking its best does require a little work every now and again. Here are our top tips for synthetic turf maintenance.
1. Never use corrosive chemicals on your lawn
Harsh cleaners must be kept away from your lawn, as they can cause synthetic turf to breakdown over time. If you need to rinse down your lawn, water alone should do the trick. Be sure to let others know if you have hosed down your lawn, as it may become slippery.
Keep in mind that organic material – such as leaves and food – can release corrosive chemicals as it breaks down. Remove debris regularly to ensure your synthetic turf stands the test of time.
2. The right tools make maintenance a breeze
While you might be able to sell your old lawnmower, you’ll still need a couple of basic lawn maintenance tools to keep your outdoor space looking fantastic.
First, invest in a good rake. Rakes can be used to remove loose debris, such as leaves, as well as to redistribute the blades of grass in high traffic areas. This helps your lawn look thick, lush, and good-as-new.
3. Know how to clean common stains
Life happens. Whether you’re hosting an alfresco dinner party and drop a whole plate of spaghetti or you spill your morning coffee, it’s crucial to know how to remove common stains from your synthetic turf. Here’s our advice:
- Act fast. The quicker you clean up the spill, the more likely you’ll be able to prevent a lasting stain.
- Absorb as much of the substance as possible with a paper towel. Be sure to blot the spill instead of wiping it.
- Rinse the area with cool water and allow to dry. ]